Here at Maximum Physiotherapy we are commited to saving the planet!
What we are currently doing:
- Saving paper
- Switching to EMR notes rather than paper client notes has allowed us to save 10 banker boxes of paper per year
- We use laminated sheets, wiping them clean after every use
- Using both sides of the paper for in-clinic use – we even have a printer dedicated to just scrap paper!
- Using the online client portal for form completion
- Not writing cheques!
- Emailing exercise sheets to clients, not printing them
- We make our own laundry detergent
- Consulting with Georgian Bay Forever regarding filtering microplastics out of our washing machine
- Using washable rags rather than disposable paper towel
What we plan on doing:
- We are encouraging email client receipts rather than printing them
- Uploading office files directly to the drive – not printing to repost!
We would love to hear any ideas on how we can continue to go paperless, and take one step closer to a greener future!